The 10th AGM of the Thurne Community Archive Group (TCAG) was held on Tuesday 31st March 2015 in Thurne Methodist Church. The Treasurer’s Report showed that the financial position of TCAG remains healthy but, of course, donations are always welcome to help further and support the work of the TCAG. The Steering Group were re-elected en bloc unanimously. The Chairman presented a Review of the Year which is presented here but the main highlights were:
· Stitching Project framed and hung in Methodist Church
· Village Diary continues to be kept
· Display at Thurne Fete in July
· Website went live in December 2014
· Mapping project taking shape.
On conclusion of the formal business, Philip Bray, a Trustee of the Hunter Heritage Fleet, gave a fascinating and highly informative talk entitled Percy Hunter’s Lovely Ladies. Afterwards there were refreshments and the cutting of a special 10th Anniversary Cake baked by Jenny Davies.